Advance Your Professional Practice As A Project Based Teacher
Southern New Hampshire University is proud to partner with PBLWorks to provide a professional learning experience for those eager to elevate their professional teaching practices. Introduction to Project Based Learning: Becoming a Project Based Teacher is a one-credit graduate level course that will support you in developing the knowledge, skills, and dispositions of project based teaching and begin to make shifts to your professional practice.
Learn alongside fellow educators and collaborate within our online learning environment as PBLWorks National Faculty support you through a series of Learning Modules to help transform you into a Project Based Teacher.
Succeed As A Project Based Teacher
Through this course experience you'll develop a foundation for shifting your practice and creating rich, engaging project-based learning environments. You'll be focusing on six key areas:
- Designing & Planning: Focusing on the 7 Essential Project Design Elements for Gold Standard PBL sets the stage for high-quality learning experiences for your students.
Aligning to Standards: By aligning to learning goals that are important and appropriate for PBL, you ensure academic rigor.
Managing Activities: Build your project management tool kit and experience what it’s like to interview a content expert.
Scaffolding Student Learning: Ensure that all students can succeed with PBL by planning for appropriate support.
Assess Student Learning: Apply assessment strategies to keep learning on track from start to finish of projects.
Engaging and Coaching: Fine-tune your strategies for engaging and coaching students by focusing on your “teacher moves” at the beginning, middle, and end of projects.
Introduction to Project Based Learning: Becoming a Project Based Teacher is a one-credit graduate level professional learning experience designed by experts from PBLWorks and accredited by Southern New Hampshire University. This 8-week course includes the following:
- Fully online with synchronous and asynchronous learning sessions
- Facilitation by highly-qualified PBLWorks National Faculty
- A focus on Project Based Teaching Practices for Gold Standard PBL and Essential Project Design Elements for Gold Standard PBL
- Weekly topics and activities
- Collaborative learning opportunities
Logistical details include:
- Course Dates: September 21 to November 9
- SNHU Course Code: EDTS 500PW - Becoming a Project Based Teacher
- Credits: 1 graduate level credit
The tuition cost for this graduate-level professional learning experience is $120.00. Once registered, you'll have access to your mySNHU portal account - giving you the opportunity to utilize SNHU resources, download/review your grade reports, and order official university transcripts. Register today to begin your journey with SNHU & PBLWorks!
Southern New Hampshire University is a private, nonprofit institution accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE) as well as several other accrediting bodies.
Designed in collaboration between Southern New Hampshire University & PBLWorks